Wallenpaupack Area School
Wallenpaupack Area is a third-class school district in Pike and Wayne Counties in Pennsylvania. The district’s population was 24,729 at the time of the 2010 United States Census.
The district encompasses approximately 321 square miles (830 km2). According to federal census data, its population has increased by 3,991 residents from 20,738 residents in 2000. In 2009, the district residents’ per capita income was $19,073, while the median family income was $42,955.
In the Commonwealth, the median family income was $49,501 and the United States median family income was $49,445, in 2010. According to Wallenpaupack Area School District administrative officials, during the 2005-06 school year, the district provided basic educational services to 4,084 pupils, employed 13 administrators, 331 teachers, and 174 full-time and part-time support personnel.
The school district operates six schools
- Wallenpaupack Area South Elementary, Newfoundland, PA (grades K-5)
- Wallenpaupack Area North Elementary, Hawley, PA (grades 3-5)
- Hawley Kindergarten Center, Hawley, PA (alternative education and Head Start)
- Wallenpaupack Area Middle School, Hawley, PA (grades 6-8)
- Wallenpaupack Area High School, Hawley, PA (grades 9-12)
- Wallenpaupack Primary School (grades K-2)